The Fluidsynth extension adds convenience to working with the Fluidsynth sampler:
- The element Fluidsynth sound supports Fluidsynth specific sound features.
- Reverb and Chorus elements control Fluidsynth's effects.
- The Fluidsynth view can be used to modify Fluidsynth's tunings.
- The Fluidsynth customizer allows convenient customization of most Fluidsynth settings in a disposition.
- In the Fluidsynth preferences you can choose a backend.
On Linux you have to have the Fluidsynth package installed via your wikipedia:package manager (minimum version 1.1.2).
On Windows the Fluidsynth extension can be configured with a backend. Each backend defines a configurable list of libraries to be loaded on startup to support different Fluidsynth installations.