The jOrgan Guide for Beginners by Bill Skees
- Volume 1 Discusses the different roles that jOrgan fulfills (Section 1.1-10.5)
- Volume 2 Illustrates more sophisticated implementations of jOrgan (Section 11.1-15.3)
- Volume 3 Step by Step guidance in installation and operation (Section 16.1-19.8)
- Volume 4 Appendices and glossary. Section E2 onward discusses jOrgan on Ubuntu linux (Section A.1-F.4, Gloss. 1)
Instructions by Bruce Miles
Building your first custom jOrgan fluidsynth disposition, by GrahamG
Basics for understanding the MIDI Messaging protocol
Working with other programs
Tutorials related to using jOrgan on various software platforms and with various MIDI receiving applications.
- Using GrandOrgue as sound
- Instructions on using the PortAudio driver in the Fluidsynth Extension
- Instructions on using the generic ASIO4ALL driver
- Instructions on using the Jack Audio Connection Kit in Windows
- Using jOrgan with Reaper 32-bit and 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit PC by Erik De Schrijver
- Using jOrgan with the Fluidsynth Extension and native JACK API driver
- Using Jack Connections with VST Effects
- Using Viena as an excellent free sound font editor by John Reimer
- Using SPEAR, AdSynDx, Zero-X Seamless Looper, Endless Wave, Gnumeric, and Audacity to make short hybrid samples(sampled & synthesized) and longer recorded samples by John Reimer
Configuring operating systems
Tutorials related to installing and configuring various operating systems for jOrgan.
- Installing multiple Soundblaster cards with kX Drivers
- Installing jOrgan on Puppy Linux - A step by step tutorial from downloading Puppy Linux until you're playing jOrgan
- Installing jOrgan Pup Live CD
Building a console
Tutorials and schemes related to using jOrgan for driving a physical console.
Reverb, Synthesis, Soundfont and Disposition Techniques
The following documents are available for viewing and download through links at Stratman Virtual Instruments: Documents page
- Making the Most of Fluidsynth Reverb
- Impulse Responses for Use with Virtual Organs
- Synthesizing Organ Sounds, Third Edition
- NEW! jOrgan and Soundfont Tips and Tricks, Second Edition (2.01)
- Understanding and Replicating Pipe Organ Tremulants A collection of observations on pipe organ tremulants, how to analyze them, and how to replicate them with settings in the soundfont (in Polyphone) and jOrgan.
- Generic Dispsosition A blank disposition with stops already linked to ranks, a transposer, expressions for each division, tremulants and presets. All that's missing is a soundfont, midi codes in the ranks, and a skin.